About Disability Labour.
Our aims are to:
- Campaign for and achieve full civil rights for disabled people, including comprehensive and enforceable legislation.
- Provide a platform for disabled people in the Labour Party.
- Monitor and encourage the best possible practice by Labour within party operations, in public office at European, national, regional and local government level to meet the needs of disabled people both in employment practice and the provision of services.
- Encourage disabled people to join the Labour Party and give their fullest involvement at all levels and secure the removal of all barriers to their participation.
- Monitor and influence the Party’s decision making with regards to the rights and interests of disabled people.
- Advise Labour how best to campaign for and win the votes of disabled people, which will include accessible processes.
- Co-operate with other organisations of disabled people.
- Be a socialist society as a means of securing the right of disabled people to be represented and heard at all levels of the Party.
Read more about how we work by downloading our constitution - click here.
Full membership of Disability Labour is open to all members of the Labour Party who support our aims. To join please click here