Labour Manifesto with and for Disabled People launched Saturday 3 June 2017. Click here to download.
Welcome to Disability Labour.
We are working on updating our website following our 2017 AGM. If you've tried to contact us and not had a reply, please bear with us, we will contact you soon.
Find out what's happening at Disability Labour by following our public Facebook group which is run by our members:
If you are a Disability Labour, sign up to our members Facebook page to share news and take part in discussions:
We advocate for and support a network of disabled Labour Party members. We aim to:
- Campaign for and achieve full civil rights for disabled people, including comprehensive and enforceable legislation.
- Provide a platform for disabled people in the Labour Party
- Monitor and encourage the best possible practice by Labour within party operations, in public office at European, national, regional and local government level to meet the needs of disabled people both in employment practice and the provision of services.
- Encourage disabled people to join the Labour Party and their fullest involvement at all levels and secure the removal of all barriers to their participation.
- Monitor and influence the Party’s decision making with regards to the rights and interests of disabled people.
- Advise Labour how best to campaign for and win the votes of disabled people, which will include accessible processes.
- Co-operate with other organisations of disabled people.
- Be a socialist society as a means of securing the right of disabled people to be represented and heard at all levels of the Party.
Disability Labour is proud to be led by disabled members of the Labour Party.